Friday 9 January 2015

Back on Plan

I did it! I rejoined! Half the battle is getting back on plan and I'm so pleased I've done it. I had a friend come along with me to join and she was nervous. I assured her that it's a great plan and it would do her a world of good. It excites me to see so many of my friends in group and they are all doing so well.

So when I got back on the scales I was happy. My last weigh in was on the 28 November and I was down 12 lbs from my joining weight then. Over Christmas I put on 3 1/2 lbs so that's not bad considering one of my friends in group confessed she'd put on 8 lbs and she hadn't quit Slimming World at all. I'm still 8 lbs down from my original weight and two sizes smaller. I have to say I think it's down to my gym activity.

There are a lot of debates about how much working out can make you put on weight. I've weighed this much before but was completely wobbly all over. I'm now pretty toned on my legs and arms so I think there is something to say over what 5 lbs of fat looks like on your body as opposed to 5 lbs of muscle.

It looks like someone has already discussed this before...


http://drseltzerweightloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/muscle-vs-fat.jpg

I've just come back from my third zumba workout this week. My body is pretty fatigued but my endorphins are rushing. I feel fantastic. I've never been more physically fit. Keeping up with the svelte little twenty-somethings is what I'm most proud of!

I will try to take a photo every week to show the difference I'm achieving. Let's see how it goes. I'm very optimistic about 2015!

Here is a couple of dishes I made this week getting back on plan.

Chilli con Carne from the Extra Easy recipe book with some Slimming World Chips


Malaysian Red Pepper Chicken Curry from the Taste of Asia cookbook


Both are incredibly delicious and satisfying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment